With temperatures expected to be dropping drastically this winter season in Philadelphia, people are expecting their power usage to increase as well, resulting in a more expensive electric bill. During these cold months, families tend to turn up the temperature on their thermostat without realizing what it could do to their bill. Here are a few tips on how to save money on your heating bill this season:
1. Turn your thermostat down during the night or when you’re out of the home.
2. Turn your ceiling fans on in reverse. This will cause the trapped heat to go downwards.
3. Open your drapes and let the sun in during the day.
4. Bundle Up.
5. Clean your vents regularly, so they can circulate freely.
6. Close Vents in rooms that are usually not used.
7. Plastic Cover your windows.
To find out more about what you can do to save money on heating, click here.