2020 Annual Meeting Details:
WHEN: Saturday, March 28th, 2020 @ 10:30 AM
WHERE: Ukrainian Educational & Cultural Center – 700 N. Cedar Road, Jenkintown, PA 19046
Please bring your valid Photo ID.
Why Should You Attend?
Attending an Annual Meeting is one of the most engaging things you can do as a member and it is one of the reasons how we differ from banks. Why?
- We’re member-owned: You are more than a member, you are part owner. We are owned and controlled by our members who use our services. A volunteer Board of Directors is elected by you, our members, to manage our credit union. Voice your opinion.
- We’re not-for-profit: We operate to promote the well-being of our members. Profits made by credit unions are returned back to members in the form of reduced fees, higher savings rates and lower loan rates. Voice your opinion.
- We’re community involved: We provide financial education and outreach to consumers, provide sponsorship and donations to community organizations, participate in events, and so much more. We’re designed to help our members. Voice your opinion.
At our Annual Meetings, you will have a chance to:
- Speak with the Board of Directors and Management
- Pick up an Annual Report
- Hear a Guest Speaker
- Enjoy lunch
- Receive a gift
Our goal, as a credit union, is to provide you with educational resources in addition to higher savings rates and lower loan rates. That’s why we invite various Guest Speakers to our Annual Meetings. Last year, we invited Congresswoman Madeline Dean (PA-04) to make a special guest appearance at our Annual Meeting. A significant portion of UKRFCU’s membership reside in the 4th Congressional District of PA. Stay tuned to find out who will be our Guest Speaker this year!
Up for Election:
Every year, the members of Ukrainian Selfreliance Federal Credit Union (UKRFCU) are called upon to elect individuals to serve on the Credit Union’s Board of Directors. These elections take place at the Credit Union’s Annual Meeting. Members interested in serving as a Director of the Credit Union are asked complete the attached Qualifications and Statement of Willingness to Serve and to provide a brief statement of why they want to be a credit union director.
The credit union’s by-laws provide two ways to become a candidate for the Board of Directors:
- Candidates for the Board of Directors may be recruited by the Nominating Committee.
- Candidates can also be nominated by the membership.
Visit the Board of Directors Nomination Package page for more information.
UKRFCU Annual Reports give further insight on our financial condition as well as provide information about community involvement, success, performance, and continued growth compared to the previous year. Our Annual Report is made available every year in conjunction with our Annual Meeting.